The Pond’s founder, director, and teacher, Dottie Giuliano, was co-founder of The Kinder Club in 1994. The school had originally been established on the grounds of beautiful Camp Alvernia. During those years she has obtained the following certifications:
- MS in Early Childhood Education – CW Post (with additional Bank Street courses in educational philosophy, in particular Montessori and Waldorf education, Reggio Emilia approach, as well as Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences theory)
- NYS Certification in B-2nd grade
- NYS Certification in 1st-6th grade
- Licensed Kindermusik educator
- Certified yoga instructor, registered with Yoga Alliance and trained/graduated at Yoga Shanti with Rodney Yee – 2 teacher trainings completed
- Certified children’s yoga instructor by Karma Kids Yoga in NYC- two teacher trainings completed
- Certified senior’s yoga instructor by Silver Age Yoga
- Piano teacher in the Centerport community for over 20 years!
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification – expires July 2021
- on the campus of Camp Alvernia for 25 years!!!
- Current Centerport resident for 38 years
All credentials are available for you to view in our classroom. We recommend that you verify staff certifications with any program that you are considering!